How do I retrieve my Amazon credentials?
There are instructions right next to where you enter your credentials, but you can also watch the video here. Just follow those steps and in less than 5 minutes you’ll be up and running.
What do I need to get started?
For our app to work you will need Real Time Carrier Calculated Shipping enabled on your Shopify account. If that sounds like gibberish, give Shopify a call and they can clarify. The phone numbers are below. It might be free if you paid for you Shopify subscription annually, or it might cost $20 or the equivalent. Don’t let them tell you that you have to upgrade your account to “advanced” or “unlimited”, you don’t.
- North America:: 1-888-746-7439
- United Kingdom:: 0800-808-5233
- Australia:: 03-8400-4750
- New Zealand:: 07-788-6026
- Singapore:: 800-181-1121
How do I enter my shipping methods?
This is where you determine what you will charge your customers for which shipping speeds. You can pass along all of the shipping fees, discount them, offer flat rate shipping or offer free shipping.
IMPORTANT: Amazon will only fulfill orders that use their shipping rates. So be sure to set up your shipping rates in the app, rather than directly in Shopify. Rates not set up in the app will not be accepted by Amazon.
- The tabs across the top define which shipping speeds Amazon offers in your country. Outside the US Amazon only offers two shipping speeds, Standard and Expedited.
- In order to offer this shipping speed, you need to enable it by checking this box
- Enable flex rate shipping if you’d like to pass Amazon’s fees on to your customers. Enter the amount above (positive) or below (negative) Amazon’s fees that you’d like to pass on to your customers. Enter 0 if you want customers to be charged the same amount you will be charged by Amazon to fulfill their order.
- Enable fixed rate shipping if you’d like to charge a flat rate for shipping. Then enter the amount you’d like to charge.
- Select this box to offer free shipping. Enter the total cart amount the user will need to purchase in order to receive free shipping. If you enter nothing, they will be offered free shipping on any purchase amount.
- Finally, save your updates for each shipping speed. Not just one save for all shipping speeds.
How do I set up my products?
You just need to set the “Inventory managed by” setting to FBA Shipping. If you’re using the bulk editor, you won’t see that setting. Instead, set the “Fulfillment service” to FBA Shipping. One note: FBA Shipping will only appear after you have saved a shipping speed.
What SKU should I use?
You need to make sure that the SKU on Shopify matches your SKU on Amazon FBA. ASIN or UPC will not work.
What if Amazon fulfills some of my products and I fulfill others?
You’ll need to set up weight based shipping rates for your manually fulfilled products. This video will show you how to do that.
How are my orders fulfilled?
If you want your Shopify orders sent to Amazon automatically, you’ll need to update your Shopify checkout settings to “Automatically fulfill the order’s line items.” If you’d rather review each order, leave it set to “Do not automatically fulfill any of the order’s line items.” In that case, you’ll need to request fulfillment on each order you receive.
How do I know Amazon is fulfilling my orders?
Within about 5 minutes, you’ll see the order move into “Open” status on Shopify. That means Amazon has received the order data and you can view it in Seller Central. Once Amazon sends the order to the customer, it will move into “Fulfilled” status on Shopify.
Why doesn't Amazon fulfill draft orders?
Shopify doesn’t allow us to pull Amazon’s shipping rates into draft orders. And Amazon will only accept orders that use their shipping rates. So all orders must be completed through Shopify’s Online Checkout in order to be accepted by Amazon.
Why aren’t rates showing up on my checkout page?
Typically one of four things is happening.
- You don’t have inventory at Amazon to fulfill the order. So check your inventory.
- Amazon will not ship your product to the desired destination. This varies product to product and is determined at the whim of Amazon. Make sure to check that your item ships to the destination.
- Make sure the SKU on Shopify matches your SKU on Amazon. They have to match, and if they don’t we cannot get shipping rates for you.
- Finally make sure your product has “FBA Shipping” as the fulfillment service.
I wish we could provide a warning message on the checkout page, but there currently isn’t a way to do this on the Shopify platform.
Why is only one shipping speed showing up?
Amazon only provides one shipping speed, Standard, when shipping between countries in the EU.