My orders are failing!!! Why???
Order Status & Error Info!
Are you unsure what is happening with your Shopify MCF orders?
- Is Amazon accepting your orders?
- Has Amazon shipped your orders?
- Why did Amazon reject my order??
Please see the Order Status Definitions below! If your Orders have a ‘red’ status that says either
- Amazon Cannot Fulfill
- Amazon Marked Invalid
You can click on those red error warnings and a pop up will appear, giving you more info as to why the order failed! See the most common ‘failed’ errors below!
Reasons for failed order!
Brexit – This order cannot be fulfilled due to Brexit preventing cross-border fulfillment via EFN and Pan-European FBA starting December 28, 2020. To maintain your European sales, you will need to send products to fulfillment centers in the UK and the EU. See https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gc/sell-online/brexit for more details.
- Amazon will no longer allow MCF orders to ship from the UK to the rest of the EU or vice versa. It would be best to manually ship orders with this error or cancel the order and refund the customer in Shopify!
Shipping speed issue – Delivery SLA is not available for given destination address. This may mean we are unable to meet the provided shippingSpeedCategory.
- Check the ‘delivery method’ of the order in Shopify! This error usually populates with orders trying to ship ‘Priority’ or ‘Expedited’ Especially if your store is using manual shipping rates! Sometimes Amazon may not be able to promise a 1 day shipping time frame so they reject the order completely! In cases like this, it is best to try to recreate the order directly in Amazon Seller Central as a MCF order! When you do this, take note of the shipping speeds Amazon offers you! More than likely they will only offer ‘Standard’ So, at that point you KNOW the speed of Expedited or Priority was the issue!
- Just create the order in Amazon as a MCF order and leave the original Shopify order alone in Shopify. You can leave it in the ‘Request Declined’ status on Shopify! As the order will be shipped out directly from Amazon through Seller central.
- To submit an order through Amazon’s MCF program open up your seller central dashboard and go to your FBA Inventory, select the checkbox next to a FBA product, at the top of that product table is an “action” button, click that and in the drop down select “fulfillment order”. Then simply follow the steps Amazon leads you thru and you will be able to place an order to be fulfilled by Amazon.
Delivery Method – Order contains an invalid rate name
- This means the ‘rate name’ or ‘delivery method’ in your Orders in Shopify is different than the rate cards that the store created in the FBA Shipping app….the rate titles in the app and in the orders must match! This is because Amazon will only accept MCF orders with the words ‘Standard, Priority, or Expedited’ And you must use the ‘Rate’ page in our app to map your ‘Rate names’ to one of the 3 words Amazon will accept!
- The below is an example: In our app if the rate name says something like ‘Standard Shipping’
- But, then a lot of your orders ‘Delivery Method’ or rate name is….blank… or anything other than what you created in our app on the ‘Rate’ page
- That is the issue. As we have to map the orders ‘delivery methods’ to one of the 3 words Amazon will accept from the app which are ‘Standard, Priority, and Expedited.
- To solve this you can always create a rate card in the FBA Shipping app that says the same thing as your ‘delivery method’ in your failed orders….and then return to Shopify and ‘Request Fulfillment’ of the orders again. Once they are approved you can then delete that ‘rate card’ from the app!
If you are getting the above error with Imported Orders into Shopify see this page: https://bytestand.com/knowledge-base/imported-orders/ or Subscription orders….see this page: https://bytestand.com/knowledge-base/subscription-orders/
Incorrect address – Value Invalid for parameter Address is invalid. Reason: 1 error: The field Address has an invalid value .
- Amazon received the fulfillment request for the order but then rejected the order due to the customers address. This can be common in marketplaces like Japan or Australia. We cannot ‘force’ this order to Amazon Seller Central. Because in real time Amazon is checking the customers shipping address and telling us they will not delivery MCF products there. So it may not be that the address is ‘incorrect’ but also, that Amazon will just not ship MCF orders to that location. Please try to recreate the order as a MCF order directly in Amazon Seller Central with the same exact address and see if they will even accept the order directly on Amazon SC.
Incorrect Postal Code – Value Invalid for parameter AddressPostalCode is invalid. Reason: 1 error: The field Postal Code has an invalid value .
- Incorrect postal code. Ask the customer for a correct Post/Zip code. You may have to just recreate this order in Amazon Seller central as a MCF Order if Shopify will not let you edit the orders address and request fulfillment again!
Internal Error – We encountered an internal error. Please try again.
- This error comes straight from Amazon’s servers. We do apologize for this rare error. If a order has received this error warning please try to ‘request fulfillment’ of the order again. An hour to a few hours later! As Amazon just had a minor glitch and couldn’t accept the orders fulfillment request at the original time it was sent. 98% of the time you ‘request fulfillment’ again of a order, Amazon will accept it. Of course, if not please reach out to us and let us know!