How do I fulfill some products through Amazon and some products manually?
How do I set up manual fulfillment and FBA fulfillment for different products?
Keep in mind that you cannot change or edit the fulfillment service after an order has been placed. You must set up manual fulfillment and FBA fulfillment before the orders are placed. Shopify requires that each of your products are assigned a fulfillment method during initial setup. And then that products are assigned the correct shipping rate within your shipping profiles.
This video clearly illustrates how to set up your Shopify profile in order to fulfill some products manually and other products through FBA Shipping.
If you need more assistance after watching the video you can see written directions below!
- Product SKU must match between Shopify and Amazon.
- FBA Product SKU must have active inventory at Amazon.
- At least one of our shipping speeds must be selected during the app set up. You must enable either Standard, Priority, or Expedited.
- FBA products can only be shipped within the country the products are physically stored in. For Example: If you have a U.S. Marketplace and your items are stored in an Amazon facility in the U.S., you can only ship these products within the U.S.
- The only time this is different is in the EU. United Kingdom or EU Market places can ship to: Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Greece, Spain, France, Ireland, Italy, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Hungary, Malta, The Netherlands, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Finland, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
- In this scenario the shop is only shipping domestically, so all FBM products can only be shipped domestically as well.
- You must update the Fulfillment Method on your products in the Product page. For FBM Products: Go to Products, select all FBM products, click Edit Products, click Add Fields, click Fulfillment Service, to the right change all FBM products to either Shopify, Amazon Marketplace, or however you are fulfilling these manual products, and click Save. For FBA products: Select all FBA products, to the right change all products to FBA Shipping, and save.
- Next, you will want to have 2 different Shipping Profiles set up in Settings > Shipping & Delivery. One profile for your FBA products and one profile for your FBM products. See screenshots below of successful shipping profile set ups.
- FBA – Notice that ‘Shipping from’ says FBA Shipping and ‘Shipping to’ says FBA Shipping by ByteStand (rates provided by app) Please ensure that all of your FBA items are in this Shipping profile.
FBM – When you create your new Shipping profile for FBM products ensure that you place all of your FBM products in this shipping profile! When you add rates to this Shipping Profile. You can ONLY call the rates ‘Standard, Priority, or Expedited’ See example. You can then charge whatever amount you wish to ship these products. You can even add conditions to offer free shipping if the order is over a certain amount of weight. Or you can use these conditions to charge customers more for shipping.
In my example I am charging $6 to ship my FBM products. But, in the below screenshot you will see that I am offering conditions. If the customers order is over $25 they receive free shipping for my FBM products. (Shipping To country should say U.S.)
- Notice that both rates say Standard. Once again, any manual rates can ONLY say ‘Standard, Priority, or Expedited’ This is due to Amazon’s set up and we have no control over this. In turn this means that utilizing USPS, FedEX, DHL, Etc rates that are provided by Shopify will not work with our FBA Shipping app and manually shipping orders. You must use those titles and create your own prices. The less conditions and shipping rates you have the simpler this process is and less shipping errors you will have.
- Lastly, Don’t forget to press SAVE (the purple button) after you set up your Shipping profiles.
Now you will be able to ship your FBA and FBM products in the same order successfully!