What if my product goes out of stock?
What if my FBA product sells out in Amazon? What does it look like on Shopify?
If an item has it’s fulfillment service set to FBA Shipping but the item goes out of stock in Amazon our app will actually not over sell the product.
Here’s how it works:
1. If the product goes out of stock and you do not mark the product inventory at 0 it will still show the product as in stock.
2. The customer places the item in their cart and proceeds to check out.
3. After the customer enters their shipping address and clicks ‘next’ our app kicks in.
4. We send the SKU, your credentials, and the customers shipping address to Amazon. (this takes a nanosecond)
4A. We ask Amazon if they can ship the SKU, if the SKU is out of stock Amazon says ‘No’ and we return to Shopify with the ‘No’ message.
5. At this time Shopify shows the customer an error warning, that this item cannot be shipped to the customers shipping address and to remove it to the cart.
Keep in mind if you would like your FBA product inventory synced between Amazon and Shopify. (Amazon -> Shopify) You will need to check your SnapSync app set up OR turn on the sync feature in the new FBA Shipping app.
Here is SnapSync in the App store https://apps.shopify.com/simplesync-amazon-fba-sync
Does the shipping method revert to Shopify so we can fulfil it ourselves?
No, it does not. The fulfillment service selected for the SKUs controls how the orders are fulfilled. The fulfillment services do not automatically switch if something is out of stock. You would have to manually change this on your products before customers continue to order.