A Shopify Amazon Integration can help increase e-commerce sales
The world of e-commerce has expanded exponentially over the years, and having your products available on multiple platforms can increase your sales and revenue. Amazon is one of the largest e-commerce platforms out there, and if you have a Shopify store, you can easily connect it with Amazon Seller Central using a Shopify Amazon Integration like ByteStand.
In this blog post, we will discuss the benefits of connecting your Shopify account with Amazon Seller Central, and how to do it using the ByteStand MCF/FBA Shipping app.
Benefits of connecting Shopify with Amazon
Connecting your Shopify account with Amazon Seller Central has numerous benefits. Firstly, it allows you to expand your reach and sell your products to a larger audience. Amazon has a massive customer base, and listing your products on Amazon can help you attract more customers and increase your sales. While selling on Shopify allows you to build a brand and take control of your customer data. Additionally, as an Amazon FBA seller, you have access to Amazon’s Multi-Channel Fulfillment or MCF program.
The MCF program allows Shopify merchants to sell their FBA products on Shopify while leveraging Amazon’s fulfillment service. Finally, a Shopify Amazon integration assists you with syncing your FBA inventory, processing virtual bundles, and even forward imported orders from Shopify to Amazon.
What you need to connect Shopify and Amazon
Getting started in the e-commerce world can be a daunting task. Use the list below to understand what is needed to utilize a Shopify Amazon Integration like Bytestand.
- A Shopify store – Sign up on Shopify and create a store with a ‘Basic’ Shopify plan or higher.
- Product listings – Create or import your Amazon FBA products on Shopify. Shopify can help you get started.
- Amazon – A professional Amazon Seller Account. You can start your FBA Amazon journey here.
- FBA products – Physical products stored in Amazon warehouses which are attached to your Amazon account.
How to Install ByteStand MCF/FBA Shipping as a Shopify Amazon Integration
Connecting your Shopify account with Amazon Seller Central is a simple process using the ByteStand app. With the click of a few buttons, the app will collect your Amazon authorization token, seller ID, and marketplace. Creating a smooth and enjoyable installation process.
- The first step is to install the app from the Shopify app store.
- Press ‘Let’s get Started’ On step 1 of the installation process. The ByteStand app can connect with multiple marketplaces on one Shopify store. Including the United States, Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, Australia, Europe, and Japan. Click ‘Add’ for the marketplaces in that you have Amazon FBA inventory stored. Make sure to connect all eligible marketplaces on step 1.
- When you are finished adding your marketplaces press ‘Next’ to continue to step 2 of the installation process. Choose your base shipping rate for each marketplace and add on features in step 2. There are 2 main Rate options.
- Live Calculated Amazon Rates – Stores must be on the ‘Shopify’ ($79/month) plan or higher to be eligible to choose this option. In real-time Amazon provides live calculated shipping costs and timeframes to your Shopify customers. Shopify requires ‘Carrier Calculated Shipping’ to be enabled in order to utilize calculated rates. CCS is only available for ‘Shopify’ plans or higher.
- Fixed Manual Rates – Shopify stores on the ‘Basic’ plan may only select this option. Fixed Manual Rates are also for stores that wish to offer free shipping for all orders to all customers or a fixed shipping cost for all orders. There is no reason to pay for live calculated Amazon rates if you do not need them.
- Add-on features: From processing Virtual Bundles to blocking Amazon Logistics, the Bytestand Shopify Amazon Integration has it all. Read all the specifics concerning our add-on features on our Pricing Page. Select the add-on features your integration will need and press Save for each Marketplace. To move on to the next step press Next.
Inventory and Price Sync
4. Inventory and Price syncing is the last installation step. Product syncing is an optional add-on feature that all stores benefit from. Sync plans start out at $15/month for less than 1,000 product listings. Every sync plan comes with an 8-hour automatic sync and gives you the power to choose which products ‘available’ inventory and/or ‘list’ price you would like updated from Amazon to Shopify. There is a 30-minute automatic sync for an additional charge.
5. Have a coupon code? If so, enter it on the Coupon page. Hint: Look at the top of our website for a 30-day free trial code.
6. Look over your free trial and monthly charges on the Shopify app subscription page. Approve the charges or go back in the process to add/eliminate features to adjust your monthly cost.
Set up the integration
It’s time to customize your new Shopify Amazon Integration. Don’t worry, you are almost finished setting up your ByteStand MCF/FBA Shipping app and on your way to e-commerce growth.
7. Create rate options for your customers in the app. On the homepage of the app press ‘Rates’. For detailed instructions on creating rate cards for Amazon rates watch our live Amazon rate video. For stores that opted to use manual fixed rates, you can watch our manual fixed rate video as guidance.
8. For the last few steps we will navigate away from the ByteStand MCF/FBA Shipping app. We need to notify Shopify that the ByteStand MCF/FBA Shipping app will be managing some or all of your products. To do this click on Products in the Shopify menu. All products that will be sent to Amazon for fulfillment or have inventory synced by the app will need to be ‘Stocked At’ the ‘FBA Shipping’ app. You can make these adjustments to your products one at a time or use Shopifys bulk product editor. Our Product video will show you how to complete this step.
9. Shopify will need to know who is providing shipping rates at checkout and where you would like to ship your products. During this step navigate to Shopify Settings and click on Shipping and delivery. All stores have a general shipping profile and some stores may have previously created customized shipping profiles. Click Manage on your shipping profile(s). Ensure the products in your shipping profile are your FBA products from Shopify and then scroll down to Shipping Origins. Make sure FBA Shipping is one of those origins. And that you have shipping rates identified in the correct countries/marketplaces. This will look different for stores that opted for live Amazon rates or fixed manual rates.
Our manual shipping video (starting at 01:16) will assist you in setting up your shipping profile for fixed manual rates and our Amazon rate video (starting at 01:34) will assist you in setting up shipping rates with calculated options.
10. Bonus step. The step above may be the last step for you! If so, we miss you already. If we are lucky enough to still have your attention you can use the information below to set up any ‘add-on’ features.
- Virtual Bundles – Utilize this feature to map SKUs between Amazon and Shopify, bulk ship one SKU, sell your virtual Amazon bundle products, and more! Check out our tutorial video.
- Import Orders – Take your e-commerce business to the next level and import your Etsy, eBay, Instagram, TikTok, Subscription, Upsell, etc orders into Shopify. Then, use the ByteStand Shopify Amazon Integration to forward those orders to Amazon for fulfillment. Our helpful import order page will walk you through everything you need to know.
- Set up your Inventory and/or price sync – You’ve enabled the sync feature but you do still need to set it up correctly. The Inventory sync video will lead you in the right direction.
Sit back, relax, and let ByteStand work its magic.
Connecting your Shopify account with Amazon Seller Central can help you reach a wider audience, increase your sales, protect your customer data, and save you time. Bytestand MCF/FBA Shipping as a Shopify Amazon Integration is the perfect solution for a seamless multi-channel connection. Once your app is installed and set up start collecting MCF orders on Shopify and send them to Amazon automatically while syncing your inventory data from Amazon to Shopify. Plus more!
Still on the fence?
Check out our reviews on the Shopify app store.
We are Amazon partners, read why Amazon recommends us as a Shopify Amazon integration app.
Read what AMZScout has to say.
Schedule a demo with a live US-based ByteStand representative.
Not only can you fulfill your organic Shopify orders via MCF. Using the ByteStand MCF/FBA Shipping app you can also send your eBay, Etsy, TikTok, etc orders to Amazon MCF as well.
Our Virtual Bundle feature assists you in quickly mapping your physical FBA SKUs to your Amazon virtual bundle SKUs. Now, you may be asking, what does that mean?
There’s a HUGE learning curve when you’re first setting up an online store. You can spend 38 million hours Googling this stuff. Or you can ask a magical genie to help you get setup.